Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Long Overdue. Restaurant #1. Niko Niko's

Helloo!

This entry is LONG LONG overdue, should've written this about 2 months ago, oops!
SO, let me recollect my thoughts and remember the yummyness of this amazing place.

A very special friend of mine decided to take me on a date, but little did we know that it was going to be in one of the restaurants featured in the show Diner, Drive-ins and Dive. Niko Niko's is located in the very busy and very modern center part of Houston, Montrose, I love this street, filled with cute vintage boutiques and unique restaurants. Well my first impression of this place is, it definitely does not look like a diner... veryy crowded, the menu looks delish, and the christmas decorations are making this small place sparkle! I absolutely LOVE it. (I am quite a decoration freak, the decoration usually makes the place). Soo we wait in line and ordered our food, we got Chicken Avgolemono soup, Opa Chicken, and Mousaka. It came with salad over vinaigreet dressing and a LARGE chunk of feta cheese. screamss yumms!

The pita bread is sooo yummy, i couldnt figure out whats in the dressing we dip the pita bread in, the salad is quite sour, definitely not my taste. Thinking about those pita bread is making me super hungry...
anyways, i encourage everyone to go try it, definitely made my first greek food experience an A+ :)



<3, A

No comments:

Post a Comment