Sunday, October 16, 2011

Homemade Panang Chicken Curry

My boyfriend and I love curry; but I like Thai curry which is more coconut-ty, while he likes Indian curry, which is spicier. When we are both craving curry, we can never decide which type to eat. It is because of this predicament that I ventured to create a mixture that contains both of the characteristics of Thai and Indian curry. Even though this is my first time making it, my boyfriend and I both were pleasantly surprised how well it turned out. I didn't use heavy cream this time but I wish I did so the sauce would be more creamy, which is why I suggested using a milk/heavy cream blend. 


Ingredients:
-1 Tablespoon of Ginger (diced or grated)
-1 Teaspoon of Paprika
-1/2 Tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
-2 Tablespoon of Panang Curry Powder (or which ever curry powder you can find)
-Sprinkle of Black Pepper
-1/2 Tablespoon of Salt
-1 Teaspoon of Sugar
-Pinch of Lime juice
-1/2 Cup Water
-1/2 Cup Milk & Heavy cream or half & half combined
-3 Medium sized Potatoes ( I used an organic potatoes blend, hence the purple/black potatoes)
-1 lb Chicken
-1 Onion
-2 Carrots











Directions:
  • Sauté all the veggies together until onions are browned and potatoes are firm
  • Combine paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, sugar, toss it with the veggies for a couple minutes
  • Put in the chicken and combine more!
  • Pour in the water & milk and heavy cream mixture
  • Simmer for around 20-25 minutes, add the pinch of lime juice and stir!



No comments:

Post a Comment