Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Inside a Mind of an Frustrated Millennial

I am that unique Gen Y-er who believes that there is no shortcut to success, hard work and dedication are a must and I want to be taken seriously. The typical phrase every Gen Y uses "I want to be taken seriously" and it is very frustrating that at 22, some older adults still treats me like a child and gives me no respect simply because I am 22.

My heredity is Chinese and Korean so I inherited the awesome youthful Asian look, just to give you an idea, I still get carded sometimes for Rated-R movies. (Yes, it's frustrating). And my voice is not the most commanding voice. My youthful looks + my soft spoken voice, to many people equals, she doesn't know what she is talking about. That is extremely frustrating in my industry, PR.

I feel like being an millennial, people often stereotype us as entitled, spoiled, crazy, selfish and all we think about is that next party. But we are more than those traits. We often get overlooked for job positions that we would succeed at because we are naturally good at multitasking, we understand the importance of social media and we are always thinking what is the next step.

So here is my cry out to all the seasoned professional out there, give US a chance, we will surprise you.


No comments:

Post a Comment